Saturday, July 24, 2004

 

Give them a foot and they take you three steps beyond.

Am I the only person who finds the Socratic method slightly offensive? Lately, I have begun to take note of what's going on in my world and make mental file sheets to sort out the people, places and circumstances that I encounter daily. I've been doing this so much that my entire thought process has been comprised of forming aphorisms and applying them to everything. Compliments come with high expectations attached. Especially in a work environment. I'd like to know that when someone compliments me, they aren't doing it to gain my favour. You're still a jackass and I still can't stand your fake smile. But I'll kindly smile back. Also, insults are a sign of faltering imagination. If the only way you can try to deflate my abnormally large ego is to toss petty insults at me, you must realize that I will note your incompetence and remember that humiliating you will not be as nice as watching you fail. I'm not mean spirited, but you deserve it. Here's some food for thought: It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them. It's even easier to die for them too. I just finished reading a book. It was OK but I felt dissatisfied with the ending. I think that's the story of my life. Disappointment at the worst possible time. Maybe I should lower my standards and join the masses. From now on, if I find the covers of a book to be too far apart, I'll put it on a diet and read every other chapter. I could have easily read every fifth chapter of that last book and felt slightly less disappointed at the end. But I digress. The purpose of my life, as of July 24, 2004: I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.

If at any point in reading this entry you felt frustrated by the disconnected and random progression of thought then I would suggest you fill all the holes with segways so that your average mind can comprehend. By the way, perfection is a distant and fading beauty.



Comments:
what book did you finish reading?
 
The Untouchable
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?